Wednesday 2 June 2010

What happened to the 13" laptop??

Hey all, I'm officially fed up with my laptop (Samsung Q310). It's balls. OK that maybe a little harsh, its done me well. But with little niggles here and little niggles there, many of which the average user wouldn't even notice, I think its time to move on.

There are two things that stop me taking the plunge right now. Firstly, the specs of the machine are pretty good. But the killer is that there aren't any to replace it. I'm a programmer and all round geek. I do require some beef in a system. What I don't want is a ULV system that's gonna get me there but in double slow time.

The only nice looking, beefy laptop of late has been the HP Envy 13, but they've ruddy well pulled that off the shelves. Damn them! Damn them all! I've asked around, the first answer I get is 'Get a Mac' To that I say PAH! I shall defy you all and not succumb to the bright lights of Cupertino. The other option of course is the dreaded Sony Vaio, and like Apple, I don't wish to subject myself to proprietary hell. Linux can be frustrating at the best of times, but with a laptop that has its eyes closed and its fingers in its ears crying 'Lalalalala!' doesn't help matters one bit.

I am pleading to all laptop manufacturers. Please! Start making the good stuff again...

Dave.

0 comments:

Post a Comment