Monday 7 June 2010

I Touched an iPad...I sorta liked it

I did it, I stroked one. I bit the bullet, went into one of those clinically clad shops and gently caressed it.

It was kinda cool actually. As I expected it was a highly polished piece of kit. Well actually it was brushed aluminium, but still... It was a really good experience to be swooshing and sliding and pinch zooming. The sensitivity is just something else. It *feels* like the icons, pages, maps etc. are there, really there. I have to hold my hands up and say Apple have done a great job. But then, they usually do.

I still don't see the point of it. It's the weirdest form factor. I couldn't see myself ever doing any real work on it. It's a cool toy but nothing more. Surely. But then, why not use a phone. If you have enough money to buy an iPad, it's likely you already own an iPhone.

If somebody could enlighten me further, please do. But from me its a general thumbs down. Not to the device as such, but certainly the practicalities of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment