Wednesday 7 July 2010

Green with Envy...

The time is nearly here for the UK release of the HP Envy 14. Although, no one is quite sure when that'll be, and no one seems to know whether it's any good. But with all its sexiness. Its reassuring build. I want one, or is it just Envy...?

Do I want one because its the best there is to offer? Or maybe because its technologically the most accomplished out there? OR is it because its the hottest ticket in town? Depressingly, I fear, its the latter. As I've said before, I'm a little tired of my current laptop. I was pondering whether its actually because I no longer have a great need for a portable computer at all. I can do what ever I need on my desktop. I don't need to take my laptop to work. I have a computer there. I certainly don't need a portable system at home. I have a computer there too, and it's not as if I'm going anywhere...

In this time for financial thriftiness it's probably best if I just save my pennies. Samsung did fix my current laptop after all. It works now. Its fine and dandy. Well, its still crippled by poor architecture but, it works. There is something that compels me to want to have the most beautiful gadgets and to try and make them more beautiful in how they behave. That's the geek in me. I should probably take a leaf out of my own book and concentrate on changing my experience rather than the machine I'm experiencing it on.

I must stress all of that is by the by. I'm still going to salivate over the Envy. I'm still tempted to buy it. I think now I'm being a little more sensible about how much I salivate. As with any piece of technology it's only a matter of time before something better comes out. Maybe I'll wait for that.

Maybe not...

0 comments:

Post a Comment